Tabs

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christmas in July Party

There's a party going on! 

Christmas in July with Stumbles & Stitches

We're joining Jenny and Angel at Stumbles & Stitches while making Christmas ornaments from this book, courtesy of Amanda at Lark Crafts.

  

Here are my first two completed ornaments, designed by Laura Howard for Fa La La La Felt.



Cutting perfect little circles free-hand is not all that easy, but I always remember what "the blogger" once said. "It doesn't have to be perfect." I love that saying!


My first attempt at the red and white ornament had red as the base color, but as I went along, it looked more and more like the Target store symbol! So I switched it around and remembered I had the cute little red and white ribbon to jazz it up a bit. 


Definitely not perfect, but it was fun and I think they'll add a little handmade treasure to my Christmas tree in December. Link over to Stumbles and Stitches if you'd like to follow along making handmade ornaments.


I'm also linking up at:

Party Button