Happy Friday - guess you're looking forward to a three-day weekend as much as we are. Some people travel on holiday weekends. And some people do projects. Right?!?!
I have great news today - I won my first award.
This is a fun little award that makes its way around blogdom. Thanks to Purple Froggie Clay Stuff for awarding me, I now get to join the fun.
The rules are that you list seven facts about yourself, then pass the award to ten other bloggers. Let's do it!
Seven Fascinating (and sometimes true) Facts About Ms. Redo:
1. I am addicted to chocolate. I'll take a bag of M&Ms over money any day.
2. I am a Mama Bear.
3. I am an encourager - spreading the love is one of my favorite pastimes.
4. Blogging gave me back my sanity. And so much more.
5. I could happily read a book every. single. day. but blogging is just as much fun.
6. Photography is a new skill for me - I'm learning more all the time, and probably should take a class.
7. There are 5 people in my family, all in the next generation down, who I adore: Dave, Steve, Penny, Ms. E, and Redo Jr.
Now I hereby decree that the following blogs, having been examined and it being determined they are worthy of the prestigious Versatile Blogger Award, shall now have the joy of wearing the badge:
Today I am going to tell you about the red Starbucks mugs which live at my house.
There was a time, some time ago, when Ms. E and I were addicted to Starbucks Signature Hot Chocolate.
We went to Starbucks alone. We went with friends. We drank a lot of hot chocolate.
I bought one of their red mugs for Christmas.
The next year I bought another red mug.
Ditto the next year.
My Starbucks mugs were stashed in the cupboard, unseen, but often used. When the economy imploded, we stopped going to Starbucks. We made our hot chocolate at home and served it in our red Starbucks mugs.
Redo Signature Hot Chocolate.
Last Friday I found this delightful shelf at Hope Thrift.
When I met this shelf last week, I loved it and knew exactly where it would go.
I searched through the kitchen for something to grace my new shelf, something that would bring cheer to my kitchen.
When I opened the cupboard, my Starbucks mugs seemed to shout, "We were made for the little shelf!"
And so they were.
I'm sharing my red mugs at the Rednesday party at: