Tabs

Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Gratefulness - Day 4

Hope you remembered to turn back your clocks! One time we forgot, it was a very strange feeling. 


I am so thankful for my beautiful daughter, Elizabeth. She has brought so much joy and laughter to our lives. She's not only my daughter, she's also the dearest friend I've ever had. 

Mr. Redo and I flew to Romania to meet her for the first time when she was 15 months old. She was so shy, wouldn't look at us, and screamed so pitifully when we took her out to the waiting taxi.


 When we arrived home a week later, she sat on the floor
for hours, playing with a balloon on a string, fascinated.
The simplest things intrigued her. 

Never one to play with dolls, there have been a menagarie of stuffed animals to keep her company. The main one is "Wiffy," and he is a very loved skunk!


 Once when she was about 18 months, I began
to dress her for the day with an adorable outfit. She hadn't learned many words yet, but she sat up, screamed, and pointed to an outfit in the closet. Of course I put that outfit on her! 

Elizabeth has so much mischievous laughter ... when she was two, I was on the phone talking and she insisted I let her talk to "DaDa." I told her it was business, so she grabbed the phone and in her professional voice said, "Heh-wo, Bid-ness? 


 She's embarrassed me plenty, too, like the time she dialed 911 just for the fun of it. The officer was forgiving, but I wanted to crawl under the house. As she's grown older, I've had plenty of opportunities to embarass her, too, so I guess what goes around comes around, right?!

Elizabeth is a beautiful girl with a beautiful spirit. She cares deeply for those who are hurt, for all animals, for the lonely or the sad. 
I am very proud of her.

And I love her with all my heart!

Hugs ~ Mary

I'm sharing at:
Elaine's Sunny Simple Sunday